FILLMORE TERRITORIAL STATEHOUSE ADDITION & REMODEL
In conjunction with the DNR and the Division of State Parks, we designed and remodeled a portion of the Territorial Statehouse in Fillmore Utah.
Territorial Statehouse in Fillmore is Utah’s oldest existing governmental building. In anticipation of Utah’s statehood, early pioneer Brigham Young directed construction of the building as the state’s capitol. Only the south wing was ever completed. The existing portion was finished in time for the December 1855 meeting of the Territorial Legislature, which was the only full session held in the old statehouse. In December 1858, the seat of government was returned to Salt Lake City.